Give Goats to Rwandan Families
Roll over image to zoom in
Help Rwandan weavers help themselves out of poverty by giving the gift of goats!
- Goats are a valuable asset for families and communities around the world, but many people cannot afford them.
- Goats can graze even on poor, dry land unsuitable for other livestock.
- Goats can supply a family with several quarts of milk each day -- important nutrition for undernourished children.
- Extra milk can be made into cheese or yogurt and sold to make extra money for the family.
- Goat manure can be used to fertilize gardens and fields.
- Goats often have two or three kids a year, enabling families to start small dairies.
- With their earnings, families can afford food, education and health care.
Give the gift of goats to a family in Rwanda! Choose to provide either:
- One female goat ($40.00), through Partners in Health, which provides agricultural assistance to those most vulnerable to chronic hunger.
- Or, choose to provide a pair of goats, one male and one female ($60.00), through Gifted Hands Innovation Center. With over 50 affiliated weaving cooperatives throughout Rwanda, Gifted Hands seeks to improve access to medical insurance and care, nutritious food, education, and the tools that are needed to build towards a better life.
Both Partners in Health and Gifted Hands provide instructions and training so that the gift of goats will improve the family's garden, nutrition, and livelihood.
Gifted Hands Innovation Center is a Rwandan nonprofit affiliated with Gahaya Links, which works with weaving cooperatives throughout the country. With over 50 affiliated cooperatives in which Hutu and Tutsi members work side by side, Gifted Hands enables the weaving of reconciliation as the country recovers from the lasting wounds of the 1994 genocide. Gifted Hands seeks to improve Rwandans' access to medical insurance and care, nutritious food, education, and the tools that are needed to build towards a better life.
Partners In Health is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service, training, advocacy, and research, and by establishing long-term relationships with sister organizations, PIH strives to achieve two overarching goals: to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need of them and to serve as an antidote to despair.
Free Standard Shipping in the U.S. on your entire cart when you donate $15.00 or more in our Gift That Gives More™ program. See Current Promotions for details.
Why a Gift That Gives More™ is a smart, effective donation.
100% of your donation will go to the program described above as a grant through GreaterGood.org. GreaterGood stores do not receive any profit from donations through this Gift That Gives More™; we bring it to you in the spirit of the greater good. We even pay the credit card transaction fee, so every cent of your donation goes to charity.
Please note: A free downloadable certificate is available to print for easy gift giving for any non-disaster related Gift That Gives More™. The "gift message" field during check-out does not apply to your Gift That Gives More™ certificate.
Your donation is 100% tax-deductible in the U.S.A.
You will receive a receipt from GreaterGood.org for your taxes. GreaterGood.org has ultimate authority and discretion with regard to the distribution of its funds. All expenditures made are consistent with the exempt purposes of GreaterGood.org.
Check with your employer: your company may match your donation.
People buying this item also bought:
Help Native Americans earn their GED!
DONATIONS WILL BE MATCHED!
WonderFunder!™Paw Print Muffin Pan
More colors available...
One of our favorites!