no spam, unsubscribe anytime.
The children of Syria can't afford another year of suffering.
More than 5 million Syrian children have been affected by the three-year conflict, including more than 1 million refugees. These children are suffering without schools to go to, without a sense of physical safety and emotional protection, and without a chance to thrive. An entire generation is at risk of losing its future, with severe long-term consequences for Syria and the region.
We must stop the suffering now. Together with partners all over the globe, UNICEF is asking 1.2 million people to stand up for the children of Syria. One voice for each of the 1.2 million child refugees torn from their homes by this brutal war. Will you be their champion?
By signing this pledge, you will support a five-point plan to help build a better future for Syria's children.
To: World Leaders
For three years, too many innocent people in Syria have suffered above all the #childrenofsyria. They have seen homes, schools and hospitals destroyed. They have borne the brunt of indiscriminate violence and witnessed unspeakable abuse. Millions have been forced to flee, while millions more are trapped inside Syria in horrific conditions.
The #childrenofsyria cannot afford another year of suffering.
The #childrenofsyria cannot afford another year without physical and emotional protection.
The #childrenofsyria cannot afford another year without the chance to learn and thrive.
To those who can end the horror and bloodshed for the #childrenofsyria and who can prevent the loss of this generation, I call for:
1) An end to the violence against the #childrenofsyria. All those involved in the fighting must fully respect humanitarian law, end the recruitment of children, and commit to a peaceful resolution to this conflict.
2) An end to blocking of humanitarian assistance. Humanitarian organizations must be allowed to safely reach all those who are suffering.
3) An end to attacks on humanitarian workers and facilities especially schools and hospitals.
4) A renewed commitment to reconciliation and tolerance led by all communities affected by the conflict, involving children and young people.
5) More investment in the education and psychological protection of all children affected by the conflict. Children need help to recover from the traumas they have faced and acquire the skills they will need to help rebuild their country and strengthen the stability of the region.
I am a Champion for the #childrenofsyria.