no spam, unsubscribe anytime.
The "next big push" in combatting hunger is creating a sustainable system of agriculture that empowers communities around the world. Here UN General Director Ban Ki-Moon gives the five objectives of the "Zero Hunger Challenge."
The five objectives of the "Zero Hunger Challenge" are:
1. A world where everyone has access to enough nutritious food all year round.
2. No more malnutrition in pregnancy and early childhood: an end to the tragedy of childhood stunting.
3. All food systems sustainable - everywhere.
4. Greater opportunity for smallholder farmers - especially women - who produce most of the world's food - so that they are empowered to double their productivity and income.
5. Cut losses of food after production, stop wasting food and consume responsibly."
Courtesy of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).